Consignment Team Member Description
A Pricing Specialist carefully evaluates and researches all items and determines the selling price based on market value, condition, desirability and exclusivity. A successful Pricing Specialist is trained to use his/her knowledge of brand standards, authenticity hallmarks, and market trends to determine a competitive price that mutually benefits the consignor and the store. The Pricing Specialist will spend time on the selling floor to maintain knowledge of current inventory and buying patterns. Additional responsibilities may include, taking in consignment and helping to curate a collection of inventory based on season and fashion trends.
Responsibilities and Duties
Every day is different, but you can expect to:
- Learn how to identify hallmarks of authenticity for designer brands.
- Research market trends to determine an appropriate price.
- Sell designer handbags, accessories, and women’s clothing.
- Learn about customers' fashion needs through active listening.
- Comprehend and communicate brand knowledge to customers.
- Organize and manage inventory.
- Assist with store merchandising.
- Perform store opening/closing procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years of retail or industry experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Attention to details is vital
- Ability to maintain focus in an energetic work environment
- Demonstrable time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work at least 2 weekend days a month, as well as a combination of day and afternoon shifts during store hours of operation; 10-5.
- Flexible 10-15 hours a week
Our ideal candidate would be:
- Knowledgeable about designer brands.
- Organized and motivated.
- Hard-working and punctual.
- Demonstrate a love for fashion and retail